Friday, February 1, 2013

still going strong

What I did:
This week I started a drawing that is of the back. From the amount I accomplished in the drawing I was able to experiment with transitions between each frame. Some transition like a cut from frame to frame without delay creating a fast and erratic movement and other transitions are more smooth by adding a morphing technique that creates frames between two frame. I messed around with transitioning a lot and have found effective ways to move forward this week.


What I accomplished/ discovered/ encountered: 
I have been thinking a lot about my transitions and my pacing within this project. This includes the transitions frame by frame, but also the transitions between the content of the drawing and how to viewer is going to translate this experience. After my discussion with Jim, I gained a stronger grasp on possible directions for my drawings and added important elements to my thoughts. This project is about living within a body. It is about the experience of having a body from the inside out and the outside in. These experiences can as some may a person feel uneasy and nerve-racking as our body's are fragile and assessable to illness, even the end of live its-self. The way to communicate these feels weighs heavily on the transitions between the drawings. An effective way of doing this is thinking about the experience of the viewer. First the viewer is going to want to piece the drawing together-- realizing it is a body, then where does this take the viewer, to the inside of the body-- can become more abstract. Morphing pieces of one drawing to another without it dissolving completely can add some communication from content to content.


What is next:
Continue drawing. Working on my rhythm, passing, transition, layering. Start experiencing the work on the projectors in a dark space in order to figure out the best way to present the work. See if I can rent out room 2006 for my IP space.

No comments:

Post a Comment