Saturday, February 23, 2013

Down the Track

What I did:  
Crit this week was very helpful. I started 3 different drawings and fined two of them. I have been projected my images in room 2006 and have been meeting with Cynthia to help me get my specs solid. Experiencing the work in the space has been so circuital in this process. I am starting to think a lot about the space between the projectors where the viewer stand and that has changed the kind of imagery I am using. I had to scrap a lot of what I have already done because I didn't feel that it was relevant anymore.

What I accomplished/ discovered/ encountered: 
During crit I realized the my project is extremely experienced based and that it was difficult to simulate that experience in the crit space. When looking at the images I had there was still a disconnect from each drawing because I was trying to categorize my drawings from what is inside the body and what is the outside surface. My thoughts was of differences in scale some images being human scale and others much larger. I believe I was complicating myself then. The piece is titled "In the Skin" I dont need to catagorize my imagery... I need to be thinking about the communication between the parallel projectors and the space between them. It is all about being "inside", "immersed". When thinking about that concept, I imagine the peice to cover the entire wall most of the time and having loops that seem more infinite and travel from one side to the other.    


What is next:
Continue drawing. Continue working on different transitions. Check out room 2006 every week until the show to start experiencing my work in the space. 

No comments:

Post a Comment