Friday, February 15, 2013

A Few More Strides

What I did:
This week I have been experimenting with transitions between drawings and the evolution of each drawing. I have found new ways to evoke excessiveness by thinking about growth, elements that multiply, and traveling through a drawing. I have been thinking a lot about the space that which my piece will be presented in. Althought I have not completely guaranteed my spot in room 2006, I believe it will be possible. I have been in contact with several professors who have classes in there to know when they are using the room. The great thing about that space is that there is already HD projectors in the spots that I want them to be. There is no take down and minimal set up required. I have that room reserved for this evening and will be starting to project my pieces so I can start experiencing the work in the space at scale. I have started three new drawings sense last week that I am excited to start projecting. 

What I accomplished/ discovered/ encountered: 
All of my drawing up until now have had this pulsating effect because of its growth and then its decline. All the moments seemed to be fairly similar. Now I have been working on loops that do not fade in and out, but that multiplies, that seems infinite and never ending. My plan is to project on two walls that are parallel to each other. The person will stand in the middle of the parallel walls. On one wall the imagery will be human scale. The drawings will make up much of the surface skin and create some definition in the form of the figure. It may start with the neck, then makes it way to the shoulder, then to the back, then hip, then caf, or hands. Transitions between each still needs to be determined. Then on the other wall imagery will be displayed in large scale, covering the whole wall. This side will present the inside workings of the body. The imagery is representational, there is no specific parts inside that are recognizable, yet they have this bodly wonderland feeling. The inner body imagry will depend on the particular body part that appears on the parallel wall. I hope to create some communication between both sides.


What is next:
Continue drawing. Continue working on different transitions. Check out room 2006 every week until the show to start experiencing my work in the space. 

No comments:

Post a Comment