Friday, January 25, 2013

And it keeps on coming


What I did:
This week I started a new drawing. I incorporated my drawing/movement technique to the body. I also learned how to layer gifs on top of gifs, which was quite exciting. I talked to Mark and someone at north quad about spaces to show. I e-mailed Cynthia Pachikara and Heidi Kumao to meet with me to look at my work and discuss projection work.


What I accomplished/ discovered/ encountered: 
Breaking away from the sphere I have been able to become a lot more abstract. I did not realize that this was the direction my work would travel, however I am enjoying seeing my work make its own revolution to what feels right. I am focusing on the different layers of the body, from the form of the skin and its outer surfaces, to the inner workings vein systems and muscular structure. I have been working on all three very separately. My challenge will be how to incorporated these layers and their transitions between each other. I am still having a lot of thoughts on how I am going to display this piece, which at points ends up determining out I come up with the work, how many are there? Is it one that transitions between layers? Should the viewer be able to walk around, surround the piece, or should the viewer be inside it with four walls of these images? These are things I am thinking about conceptually and formally. I also am still have some trouble with the rhythm of the build up. I am fighting between beauty, softness, and flow with jaggedness and chaos. I think that shows in the work neck drawing. I need to understand my relationship with these two forces in order to continue productively.


What is next:
Continue drawing. Working on my rhythm, passing, transition, layering. Start experiencing the work on the projectors in a dark space in order to figure out the best way to present the work. See if I can rent out room 2006 for my IP space.

No comments:

Post a Comment